Hey! This is our second community round-up post. In the first one we promised to do these bi-monthly, but since we’ve been very busy (releasing HL2DQer and stuff), we had to delay it until now. A lot of things have happened since then, but we’ll try to cover them anyway!
- As you may have noticed, the forums got a new look and also moved to a new domain at forums.sourceruns.org
- A scripted speedrun category was added to the Half-Life Blue Shift leaderboards
- There have been some overall rule changes for the leaderboards of most GoldSrc games. As a result, “wait” command is now banned in scriptless runs, a PS2 Category was added for Half-Life, and runs with different difficulties (WON Hard and WON Easy) were merged to a single category (WON).
- A major, GAME BREAKING glitch, called “Save Warping” has been discovered by Rama on GoldSrc and Source games with triggerdelaying. BitRain has made a video explaining it here. Another good example of the glitch is this particular run of Half-Life’s Hazard Course by YaLTeR.
- Half-Life 2 Done Quicker is out! The run premiered on May 1st on the Games Done Quick twitch channel, following with a brief commentary about the run.
- Portal speedrun done with least portals is out! Jukspa, Noir, Blizik, Elgu, Icykittenz, Fnzzy and Xeiz complete the entire game with only 15 portals in 13:47!
- Bloodvez has uploaded a segmented speedrun of the well-known Half-Life modification They Hunger: Episode 2, beating it in just 8:48. Check it out!
- Jukspa has made an impressive TAS of Half-Life 2’s coast levels! If you wish to know what happened in this run, Jukspa has also uploaded a commentary explaining it.
- Rama has also made a TAS of d2_coast_08, a level that is usually skipped in speedruns. This run follows the SourceRuns Winter Contest rules for this map, which means that getting up on top of the bridge is not allowed.
- Quadrazid uploaded a short “TAS experiment” of Opposing Force chapter “Pit Worm’s Nest”.
- YaLTeR has uploaded a TAS of Half-Life’s Anomalous Materials chapter. Since this is a part of the Half-Life full game TAS project, it’s using the sv_airaccelerate 100 setting.
- BitRain has made a TAS of Half-Life 2’s cut level “Lost Coast”, beating it in just 6 seconds.
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes – Miami Heat Individual Level speedrun by coolkid.
- Congratulations to nin_talal for getting the Half-Life scriptless World Record in the time of 32:49!
- A short speedrun of a Half-Life 2 level “Verizontal” by Elgu, beating it in 35 seconds!
- Two speedruns of Half-Life: Source have been started! Why two, you might ask? One of them is following the traditional approach, while the other is using the newly discovered Save Warping glitch.
- Half-Life 2: Episode One Done Quicker has been restarted once again, and is slowly progressing, currently at ep1_c17_00. Follow the progress at the timesheet.
- PJC has made a video explaining everything you need to know about game versions in GoldSrc speedrunning.
- executλble has uploaded a short video showcasing a small timesaver in Opposing Force’s of1a2 level.
- Half-Life 2: Done Quicker Outtakes have been edited and uploaded by BitRain.
- Rama has uploaded an unfinished TAS of the Ravenholm chapter from Half-Life 2. Check it out!